Cook, Burnham, Bucks £8.50 per hour
Our client has a vacancy for a Cook within their lovely day nursery, cooking for up to 35 children.
The Nursery is open from 7.45am to 6.00pm from Monday to Friday, (closed for bank holidays and for one week at Christmas).
- Hygiene qualification (minimum of a Level 2 in basic hygiene essential)
- To be hard working
- Previous experience of working in a kitchen
- Passion for food and nutrition
- Understanding of the importance of hygiene, cleanliness and dietary requirements
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to follow health and safety procedures
- Excellent time management and budgeting skills,
- Capable of co-ordinating and serving a wide range of healthy, nutritious meals and snacks at set times each day.
- A satisfactory DBS check
About the role
You’ll be responsible for serving meals and snacks to all the children in our Nursery (up to 35 children) you’ll maintain the high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, complying with all the necessary food preparation and storage procedures to keep a clean and well-functioning kitchen.
In addition to cooking and serving meals you’ll be in charge of ordering food supplies within an agreed budget.
About the company
A privately owned company with a total of 7 settings throughout the Berks & Bucks Home Counties.
The overriding philosophy within this company, is to provide a warm, safe and happy environment, they also believe that every child is a unique individual, full of potential and continually evolving. Therefore they place the well-being and development of all children at the heart of their practice.
If this sounds like a place where you would like to work, please get in touch with an up to date CV.