Cook, Chalfont St Peter, SL9
Our client has a vacancy for a Cook within their new nursery which is set within a lovely character building (rural location so car required).
The Nursery is open from 7.30am to 6.30pm from Monday to Friday, 50 weeks per year
As their onsite chef, you will be responsible for freshly preparing and cooking nutritious meals for the children using locally sourced produce.
- Hygiene qualification (minimum of a Level 2 in basic hygiene essential)
- Hard working
- Previous experience of working in a kitchen
- Passion for food and nutrition
- Understanding of the importance of hygiene, cleanliness and dietary requirements
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to follow health and safety procedures
- Excellent time management and budgeting skills,
- Capable of co-ordinating and serving a wide range of healthy, nutritious meals and snacks at set times each day.
- A satisfactory DBS check
About the role
You’ll be responsible for serving meals and snacks to all the children along with maintaining the high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, complying with all the necessary food preparation and storage procedures to keep a clean and well-functioning kitchen.
In addition to cooking and serving meals you’ll be in charge of ordering food supplies within an agreed budget.
About the company
Everyone that works at this company is an important part of this successful team and therefore, they ensure you will be respected, appreciated and rewarded for the great work you do. This company look to recruit motivated, unique individuals with a passion for helping children and families to achieve their very best. Dedication and a commitment to high standards are valued and right from the start they will help you to achieve your objectives and support you as you do.
Above all else they want our team to be happy, have fun and really enjoy the important job of making a difference to children’s lives.
If this sounds like a place where you would like to work, please get in touch with an up to date CV.