We seeking a finishing foreman / material controller to work on a new build residential development in Tiptree, Essex.
Perm salary up to £47k
Contract daily rate £200 - £230 per day
Skills & experience needed:
- Experience of residential developments
- Previous building and materials experience essential
- Understanding of build programmes
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc)
- Appropriate CSCS card
- SMSTS and First Aid qualifications if possible otherwise will be provided as you progress
The successful applicant will be responsible for looking after internal trades from 1st fix through to completion. You will be reporting to the Senior Site Manager overseeing health & safety on site and holding subcontractor meetings.
Duties will also be to oversee all material deliveries / regular stock takes / organise materials for trades to use
Long term plan will be to become assistant site manager
- To comply with the Build Policy and Procedures.
- Working with the Site Manager, supervise all sub-contractors and trades.
- Management of materials including delivery acceptance, storage
- Eventual Co-ordination of sub-contractors to assist the Site Manager in ensuring an efficient method of build, to the required build quality and build programme.
- Scheduling work to be carried out to ensure production targets are achieved and high quality of product is maintained.
- To ensure working methods are performed correctly.
- Comply with Assistant Site Manager's responsibilities as laid down in company Health, Safety &Environment Policy, complete the relevant documentation on a weekly/monthly basis and encourage safe working practices on site.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.