Head Chef – Rosette Award Restaurant and Boutique Hotel – Suffolk - £28,000pa + tips
We are very pleased to be working with our client, a privately owned group of unique country properties who are currently seeking a Head Chef to lead a team of chefs creating food for a 2 Rosette restaurant and small hotel in picturesque Constable Country on the Essex / Suffolk border.
Previous experience in a Rosette or Michelin standard establishment would be preferable though we will also welcome applications from experienced Sous Chefs with a passion for creating fresh, wholesome food who are looking for their first position as a Head Chef. Live in accommodation is offered for any candidate who is willing to re-locate to the area.
Principle duties of the role are:
- Supervise or prepare starters, sweets, main courses and pantry food to company standards.
- Ensure portion control and gross profit percentages are maintained, recording and reporting any wastage.
- Ensuring only nominated suppliers are used, stock levels are maintained within Company guidelines and adequate stock levels are available for projected business.
- Undertake/assist with weekly food stock take.
- Ensure standards of hygiene are maintained to Company and legal requirements and complete all necessary documentation.
- Train and supervise kitchen staff to company and legal requirements and ensure all statutory and Company regulations are adhered to.
- Promote good staff relations, maintaining a professional working atmosphere and developing kitchen teamwork.
- Promote good customer relations through courteous and attentive service.
Maximise revenue-earning potential of function and pantry areas through assisting development and production of menus.
- Monitor and maintain the health, safety and security of the working environment including the monthly monitoring of the department risk assessment.
- Establish and maintain the condition of work areas and equipment.
Maintain and monitor the cleaning programme.
To ensure that your personal hygiene and uniform are to the highest standards.
Position available immediately, so send your CV in today.