IT Trainer – London WC1
Reporting to: Head of IT
- Practical experience developing training courses from inception to delivery.
- Windows 10 including remote working and use of stylus.
- Office 365 suite and PDF manipulation software.
- MOS qualified and able to train others to pass MOS exams.
- Practical experience providing end user document production support and troubleshooting.
- Soft skills/communication and presentation skills an advantage.
- Experience of legal applications an advantage.
- Educated to degree level or have equivalent relevant experience.
- Enthusiastic and approachable individual who proactively seeks to improve service.
- Experience working within a professional services environment.
- Solution orientated attitude.
- A desire to embrace and encourage the use of innovative technology and processes.
- Creative approach to the design and delivery of training.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage your day and work on your own initiative.
- Ability to work well under pressure in an environment with changing priorities.
- An interest in developing skills in other types of training e.g. soft skills training.
- Willingness to learn and extend the role above and beyond the job description.
- Confidence to challenge existing processes.
- Practical experience providing document production support and troubleshooting.
About the role
As part of a multi-skilled team, you will own all aspects of the IT training function, proactively analysing the needs of the business to develop our people. You must have an in-depth working knowledge of desktop operating systems plus MS Office and be committed to providing an exceptional service.
You will have experience delivering training within a professional services environment and be able to effectively communicate new ways of working to non-technical staff.
- Working with HR, develop an IT Learning and Development strategy.
- Proactively engage the business and IT Service Desk to identify the training needs fee earners and staff.
- Develop and modernise the delivery of training to both existing staff and new joiners.
- Work alongside other business support areas to ensure new joiners can effectively utilise systems and processes.
- Ensure training materials are maintained in line with updated and build reference/knowledge library to aid individual learning.
- Provide advanced end user document production support and troubleshooting assistance.
- Form part of the project delivery team ensuring end user training is represented.
- Supporting projects – early (pre-release) adoption of desktop applications and builds including QA of deployments, collating feedback as part of the release lifecycle.
- Identify and make recommendations for system and process improvements.
- Work with 3rd parties to evaluate new solutions.
- Where necessary, assist developing the firms’ templates and house styles.
About the company
Our client is one of Europe's leading patent and trade mark firms. The firm is consistently ranked as a top-tier firm in independent surveys and legal directories.
Based in London, they deal with all aspects of patents, trademarks and designs. They are known for professional, commercially-minded advice delivered in plain English by expert attorneys. They work for a broad range of clients from major international corporations through to individual inventors.
They know that their reputation as a firm is based entirely on the quality of the individuals who work within it. That’s why they’ve always been uncompromising in seeking out people who are not only at the top of their game but who also share their enthusiasm and outlook.
Everyone at this company should share and demonstrate their values in everything they do: excellence, innovation, teamwork, honesty, respect and friendliness.