We are sourcing a Nursery chef / cook at a day nursery in Gerrards Cross, this is a great opportunity to work within a fantastic nursery providing healthy meals for children aged 0-5 years.
The nursery is looking for someone to work full time 35 hrs per week Monday -Friday
Paying up to £12.00 per hour
Candidates will undertake responsibility for:
- Safe and nutritious meals, snacks and drinks being provided to children throughout the day within the approved financial budget
- Preparation, cooking and serving of all meals and snacks to children following company guidelines and procedures.
- Washing up and cleaning of the kitchen areas after food production and a more thorough and in
- Depth cleaning on a regular basis.
- To follow company procedures to plan in advance menus and order or purchase all supplies of food and maintain stock control procedures.
- Following company guidelines as outlined in the Catering Handbook and Food Safety Management System to ensure children’s individual dietary and health requirements are safely and appropriately catered for at all times.
Applicants should have:
- Ability to follow appropriate best practice
- Awareness of Food Hygiene Legislation
- Awareness of Environmental Health processes
- Ability to maintain cleanliness
- Ability to complete required paperwork
- Proven experience of providing nutritious and well balanced meals
- Ability to follow menus - Previous experience of stock rotation and storing food correctly
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels.
- Strong Team Player
- Ability to undertake cookery
- Experience working in a nursery or setting catering for children.
Bamboo Childcare is acting as an agency in regards to the job post.
please apply or contact us for more information.