About the role
A large, well-established, privately owned Day Nursery near Brentwood station are recruiting for a Nursery Manager, if you have over 15 years day nursery experience, with 10 of those within management, then please apply!
They Nursery is large and requires two managers, the hours will be 42.5 hours, 5 days per week.
Key skills/experience required:
- Proven experience of working in a nursery setting.
- Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or higher.
- Sound understanding of child development, and of children's needs.
- Ability to plan and implement a curriculum, taking into account the SEN Code of Practice, child protection procedures and equal opportunities’ considerations.
- Demonstrable and detailed knowledge of current legislation relevant to the early years.
- Ability to work with parents and families to encourage their involvement.
- Ability to effectively market the setting to maximise occupancy levels and fee income.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team of adults, including conducting performance management processes e.g. induction, supervision meetings, appraisals and setting objectives.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and an understanding of equality and diversity issues.
- Ability to write clear reports.
- Ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage difficult situations, solve problems quickly and make accurate decisions.
- Demonstrate a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Experience of a parent-managed or parent-engaging setting.
Purpose of the job:
- To provide safe, high quality education and care for young children.
- To fulfil legal and statutory requirements.
- To lead and manage staff on a day-to-day basis.
- To contribute to and implement policies.
- To ensure that all statutory, legal and setting obligations are followed and met.
Responsible to: Snr Nursery Manager & the Operational Manager
Responsible for: Nursery staff
Salary range: c£29k, dependant on qualification and experiences
For a full job description including main duties, please get in touch.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require a DBS (Disclosure Barring Scheme). Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.