Main duties & tasks
To be a key person to a group of children.
To interact and engage in play opportunities with children so that their progress is being encouraged in all areas of Learning and development.
To carry out short term, medium term and long term planning for all key children on an individual basis in accordance with the EYFS
To make regular observations and keeping developmental records updated so that children’s progress can be monitored and assessed.
To write developmental reports for key children.
To liaise with parents and carers, ensuring close communication, both verbally and written is maintained.
To ensure that the nursery environment is safe and that standards of hygiene are high.
To complete accident and incident records.
To ensure that all safeguarding procedures are implemented at all times and carried out effectively.
To attend internal and external training as requested.
To attend compulsory monthly team meetings two parents evenings a year.
To attend training out of nursery hours as requested.
To liaise with external professionals where necessary.
To provide safe, high quality care and education for all children in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage and in a way that supports the beliefs of the Nursery.
To encourage the participation and involvement of parents and carers in the nursery.
To ensure the well -being of every child in the Nursery.
To follow all policies and procedures of the Nursery.
To work effectively as part of a team in a way that is consistent with the business values.
Continuous Professional Development
Our client believe's that people should be rewarded for their efforts and high performance. This business encourage everyone to offer their contributions and provide a generous benefits package:
- Parent’s evenings, Forum Meetings, Staff Meetings to be paid at normal hourly rate.
- 3 funded Social Events a year; Staff BBQ, Quiz night and Christmas party
- 15% Discount at RMGC for first year of employment
- 25% Discount at RMGC after completion of first year’s employment
- Bonuses for 100% attendance
- Pay enhancements for extra responsibilities
- Discounted childcare place
- Annual free Ice-skating session
- Ongoing support for individual training