A privately owned Day Nursery based in Stevenage, is looking for a friendly, capable candidate who loves working with children and is ready for a new challenge in a new environment.
- Ideal applicants should be qualified to Early Years, Level 3 or above in childcare or equivalent, previous experience working in a nursery setting is desired.
- Applicants should also have knowledge of the EYFS and the principles and know how to put these into practice. They should be personable with children and parents to maintain healthy relationships which will help children to develop and keep parents updated to developments.
- Team work is essential at this company, so applicants will need to work well within a team and support other staff members.
- Candidates are expected to maintain a high level of safety and hygiene and ensure this is adhered to daily and uphold the standards of the settings at all times both in work hours and outside.
- Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
About the role:
Our early year’s practitioners are to provide a high standard of physical of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the setting.
You will be expected to maintain strict confidentiality with information regarding children, families or other staff members and inform the manager/deputy of any concern including, children, parents, safety of the environment and remaining confidential as necessary.
The successful candidate will be supporting staff within the setting to provide a safe secure and enabling environment, in which all children can learn, play and develop.
Candidates should be able to effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring all individual needs and interests of the children in the setting are met.
In this role you will be working with children to support learning and development.
This will mean:
- Selecting and preparing a range of age appropriate activities, using the children’s interests promoting equality and inclusion
- Planning and providing child-initiated and adult led activities which can be either indoors or outdoors supporting children’s learning or development.
- Promoting positive behaviour and independence through the use of effective behaviour skills and the setting policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with regards to the current legal requirements, national policies and guidance (H&S, Safeguarding and the well-being of all children)
You will have key children and you will keep records of their progress and learning in journals that can be shared with parents/carers or any other key adult in the child’s life.
Other aspects of the role which are expected of the successful candidate are:
- To be actively involved and attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings and fayres
- Be flexible within the working practices of the setting, undertaking additional responsibilities where needed, such as domestic tasks, cleansing of the equipment.
- To read all the policies and procedures relevant to your role and guarantee they are implemented to ensure the safe running of the setting
- To ensure the setting is of a high-quality learning environment enabling the needs of all children and ensuring equality and diversity is encouraged
- The successful candidates will have on going professional training opportunities
- Discounted childcare for parent employees
- A pension Scheme for employees
- There are also opportunities for staff members to lead on additional responsibilities such as safeguarding officer, behaviour, e-safety, Senco and other areas where necessary
- The company offers 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (increasing with service) and are closed between Christmas and New years Day
- Uniform is provided and “Dress down day” is every pay day and staff are expected to dress appropriately
- As the company is partnered with an exciting local business, staff members are provided exclusive benefits.
- There is free secure parking on site.
About the company:
This Day Nursery is for children aged 9 months to 5 years and is focused around a sports and health based educational Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum.
Children are encouraged to learn through being active and are supported by nutritional plans designed to help them grow, learn and develop.
Our client is proud to be a day nursery which has a curriculum designed to let children be active and healthy.
Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 6:00pm and they are open all year round.
This company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.