We are sourcing a Room Leaders at an outstanding day nursery in Kentish Town, this is a great opportunity to work within a fantastic nursery.
The nursery is part of a chain of four nurseries nestled in the capital – we’re not big, but we do have big plans! Our nurseries are long established and have a solid reputation for delivering great childcare, but now we have a new CEO who’s vision and drive is to take things beyond the next level. Now we've embarked on this exciting journey we need to recruit new talent, fun people with drive, enthusiasm, ambition and a real passion for early years – if this is you, then we would love to meet you.
We’re not for the faint hearted and shrinking violets will need to blossom (although we can help with that), uncompromising high quality runs through everything we do to ensure the best possible learning outcomes for children. Our vision is to inspire young minds of the future – if you like what you’ve read so far – come and join the ride; it’ll be a blast!
The role of Room Leader in Kentish Town involves the following responsibilities:
- Acting as Keyworker and to observe, assess, and record the individual needs of the children in your care, including day sheets, and to be familiar with all existing records of each child in your care.
- Creating a welcoming, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in the room.
- Planning, preparing, participating in and evaluating daily activities, in conjunction with your Manager and team members, incorporating the Early Years Curriculum.
- Providing and maintaining high standards of physical care and hygiene in areas of skincare, toileting, feeding, and dressing.
- To be familiar with and implement all Company policies and procedures.
- To have and promote a responsible and professional attitude to your role and support your staff team at all times.
- A working knowledge of the Children’s Act.
- Maintaining a good knowledge of child development and to keep up-to-date with the latest childcare policies and practices through training.
- To share your knowledge and skills and support students and trainees with their training.
- To take responsibility for your training needs and to liase with your Manager.
- To follow all Company Health and Safety procedures and to ensure they are adhered to at all times.
- Attend and participate in all staff and room meetings and parent evenings
- Monitor the social, physical, emotional, and intellectual development of the children in your care and in consultation with parents and management complete assessments as and when necessary.
- To participate in maintaining nursery equipment, including maintenance of all nursery areas and to notify your Manager of any defective or unsafe equipment.
- Respect confidentiality and to ensure this is maintained at all times, both in and out of the nursery.
- Undertake any further responsibilities as directed by your manager to promote smooth running of the nursery.
- Level 2 or 3 in childcare (level 3 for room leader)
- Experience of working with babies
- Have experience in a 'good' or 'outstanding' setting.
- Strong understanding of the EYFS
- Ability to plan in line with EYFS
- Good communication skills both with children and parents
- Ability to form good interactions with children and use own initiative.
If you may be interested in these Room Leader roles in Kentish Town, Greater London, please send us your CV through this site or contact us for an informal chat.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £21,000.00 /year