Qualified Nursery Practitioner
(NNEB, BTEC, NVQ3 or equivalent childcare qualification needed)
Responsible to: Room Manager & Senior Room Manager
- Ability to demonstrate a natural talent for music or creative arts
- Experience of working in a full day care setting
- Completion of internal training programme within 6 months of appointment
About the role:
The Qualified Early Years Educator has a duty of care for all children placed in their care to safeguard and promote the child’s welfare. You will be expected to work as part of a team to ensure the legal and curriculum requirements are met in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
Good communication skills are imperative, this involves listening, questioning, and understanding and responding to what is being communicated by children, young people and those caring for them.
You will work as part of a multi- agency team and will be expected to have a clear understanding of your role and the role of other professionals. You will share information with other professionals in a timely manner and work together for the safety and well-being of the child.
A good knowledge of child development is essential to ensure that all the children’s individual needs are fully met. As a QEYE you will be responsible for the planning of the activities in your room to create and develop a stimulating environment in order to provide a high level of quality childcare whilst maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff. This involves working closely with your line manager in order to meet the curriculum requirements and with the parents to ensure the children’s needs are met, in particular during transitions.
All staff are expected to:
- Positively support equality of opportunity and equality of treatment to colleagues, children and parent/carers in accordance with the companies Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Have a working knowledge of the Children’s Act.
Help maintain a safe working environment by:
- Undertaking training in Health and Safety as necessary, both on appointment and as required in line with legislative changes.
- Following codes of safe working practices for both children and staff and comply with the companies Health and Safety Policy.
- Reporting any concerns in relation to the wellbeing and safeguarding of children and staff as outlined in the companies policies and procedures
The post holder will be expected to:
- Carry out planning and prioritising of all activities and progress in the room in order to create and develop a stimulating environment.
- Ensure a full awareness of their responsibilities in line with all company policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- Deliver a high level of quality childcare whilst maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff.
- Contribute and are involved in the day to day running of the room.
- Communicate with your line Manager regarding the activities and progress within the room.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development.
- Reflect upon your practice to ensure a continuous high level of quality childcare.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Be assigned as key person for a designated number of children to ensure that all their basic and developmental needs are met.
- Contribute to the monitoring of the standards within the nursery to maximise the very highest level of childcare.
- Active involvement in marketing activities.
- Be responsible for ensuring that their key children are safe and secure.
- Build effective relationships with the parents of their key children.
- To take sufficient care of all visitors, staff and parents in order to comply with legal requirements.
- Undertake other duties within the scope of the post as may be requested by your line manager.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the post-holder develops, there will inevitably be some changes in the emphasis to the duties of the post. The client expects that the post-holder will recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work and be willing to participate in training where necessary.