We are sourcing a Room Leader at an outstanding day nursery in Brentford, the role is based within the Pre-school Room this is a great opportunity to work within a fantastic nursery.
Salary: £18000 - £20000
The nursery is part of a chain of four nurseries nestled in the capital – we’re not big, but we do have big plans! Our nurseries are long established and have a solid reputation for delivering great childcare, but now we have a new CEO who’s vision and drive is to take things beyond the next level. Now we've embarked on this exciting journey we need to recruit new talent, fun people with drive, enthusiasm, ambition and a real passion for early years – if this is you, then we would love to meet you. We’re not for the faint hearted and shrinking violets will need to blossom (although we can help with that), uncompromising high quality runs through everything we do to ensure the best possible learning outcomes for children. Our vision is to inspire young minds of the future – if you like what you’ve read so far – come and join the ride; it’ll be a blast!
The role of Room Leader involves the following responsibilities:
- To contribute in developing individual programmes for pupils with special needs.
- Telling or reading stories to a class or group of pupils.
- To lead activities and scaffold learning in teacher and child initiated learning both indoors and outdoors.
- To take groups of children on educational visits, ensuring their safety at all times.
- Maintaining and setting out equipment in an interesting and stimulating way before the activities of the day and clearing away equipment after use, encouraging the assistance of the children.
- Carry out observations and assessment of pupils and record keeping.
- Help control and maintain resources including books, materials, equipment etc.
Requirements Room Leader
- Level 3 in childcare minimum with ideally a degree
- Minimum 2 years experience within the pre-school age group
- Senior Nursery Nurse Experience
- Have experience in a 'good' or 'outstanding' setting.
- Strong understanding of the EYFS
- Ability to plan in line with EYFS
- Good communication skills both with children and parents
- Ability to form good interactions with children and use own initiative.
You must also be able to demonstrate:
- You must have a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special.
- You must be able to laugh at jokes you don’t understand or don’t find funny.
- In this job you need to be adaptable – if a child requests you pretend to be the Gruffalo or a Princess, you must have the skills to morph from one to the other.
- If you need to be excused from the room to visit the toilet, pass wind, or pick your nose – you need to be comfortable telling your colleagues you are doing so.
- The ability to sing in tune is not necessary, however the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential.
- You must be able to distribute warm hugs as and when required.
- Possessing the skills to quickly count the fast moving heads of small people is vitally important.
- You need to be comfortable entering public places on the way home from work with unknown substances on your clothing.
- You must have a high level of comfort when talking about bodily functions. You must also possess a strong sense of smell to enable you to detect and respond to said bodily functions.
- You must enjoy the taste of a pretend cup of tea.
- You must have the ability to read a ten page fairytale, with at least 4 interruptions per page.
Bamboo Childcare are always looking for passionate and positive childcare professionals with the desire to progress within the nursery sector.
If interested in the Room Leader Role in Brentford, West London
Please send us your CV by applying directly via this website or contact us for further information
Bamboo Childcare is a specialist permanent recruitment agency and is working on behalf of our client to recruit for this role.
*Bamboo Childcare operate a bonus reward scheme for recommendations; if you know of any friends, family or colleagues who are suitable and interested in the role, recommend them to us so we can spoil you if they are successful!!*
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £20,000.00 /year