- Experience as a “full stack” developer within a Microsoft, .Net environment using C#, working on web applications, services, APIs and Apps.
- Experience of Microsoft Visual Studio and TFS would be beneficial.
- Expose to Microsoft Azure.
- Experience of Sitecore or Umbraco CMS would be an advantage
- Exposure to consuming hosted service endpoints
- Ideally experience of TSQL (MS SQL Server)
Education / Qualifications
- HND in Computer Science or IT subject and / or proven commercial experience within IT.
- Microsoft development accreditation highly desirable.
- To deliver robust, maintainable and efficient code.
- To demonstrate and continuously develop competencies, knowledge and skills as an effective and self-sufficient developer.
- (Reporting to IT Development Team Leader)
Key success metrics:
- Ensure all work meets quality gates relating to the SDLC and other engineering excellence metrics (e.g. code coverage, bug caps, code reviews)
- Complete agreed work during ‘sprint’/lean iterations.
- Maintain and enhance strong relationships with stakeholders (product managers, other IT teams)
- Meet and improve team’s obligations under IT KPI's
- Design and implement robust, maintainable and efficient code across Websites, Services, APIs and Apps
- Work effectively in an Agile working environment using Scrum or Kanban.
- Collaborate with peers to design solutions, review code, ensure best practice engineering processes are followed and coding standards are adhered to.
- Deliver work on time which meets or exceeds defined processes and standards.
- Apply appropriate techniques, patterns, tools and technologies to deliver business goals.
- Proficiently use the mandated source control and job ticketing system (TFS)
- Ensure a high degree of coded testing takes place including unit, integration and UI testing, liaising closely with QA where necessary.
- Ensure relevant documentation or shelve sets for working code are produced as necessary to support certain changes you implement or work on such as SPIKES or POCs.
- Collaborate within wider team to pursue DevOps style Operational Excellence standards and process improvements designed to meet or exceed lead times.
- Identify training needs and using internal and external resources, proactively developing understanding, knowledge and skills relating to your role.
- Support the wider eco-system from time to time such as test environment uptime (via Avengers system), early morning release management, proactive live error screening, bug and problem troubleshooting
- Support mitigating live incidents where applicable.
- Perform other related duties.
- Strongly adheres to all the facets of the clients Core Competencies (Performance, Attitude, Customers and Engagement).
- Shows a commitment to developing a character of being self-driven, reliable and a determined team player with a keen desire to continually improve.
- Is flexible and adapts to new processes and requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Has the ability to plan and manage own workload, delivering results within agreed deadlines.
- Maintains a positive outlook at all times, respectful of others, coupled with a desire to learn and help drive and instil technical excellence within the team.
- Has strong, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.