Technical Support / Sales Support Engineer – Munich, Germany (20 mins outside of Munich)
(Based in Germany but will require flexibility to travel to customer sites across the DACH region.
- Strong language skills (written and verbal) in German and English
- Good analytical skills
- Strong problem solver
- Excellent communications skills.
- Autonomous self-starter
- Ability to handle difficult situations
- Proficient user of all Microsoft Packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Language skills French
- Ability to interface with and communicate at all levels both internally and externally
- Must be fluent in German and English
- Travel to other sites within the company group will be required.
- A reasonable amount of additional (unpaid) hours will be expected during peaks of activity to ensure business objectives are met.
- Any other reasonable duties, as requested by your Manager, to meet the changing needs of the business
About the role
The role is to support the European sales team and customers with pre and post-sales support, technical information on product specification and performance and technical training to end users as and when required.
- Pre-sales online technical demonstrations to end users in German and English
- Post sales technical support to sales team and customers
- Technical webinars to end users and distributors
- Utilise the website chat facility, reach out to potential customers and answer their questions. Generate leads for the sales team when possible
- Develop strong working relationships with key distributors and be seen by their technical departments
- Report all product issues and customer calls on the helpdesk ticket system
- Support the production of all sales and marketing literature – review translations and technical content
- Support the R&D/Market Manager with product beta testing and participate in end user investigations
- When required accompany sales teams in the field to support customer visits, trade shows and exhibitions
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken and controlled in accordance with the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Maintain monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to measure performance and demonstrate continual improvement
- Manage the loan demo stock including shipping to potential customers and maintaining the databases
Reporting to: Global Marketing Manager
Relationships/Contacts: Sales Team/Marketing Team/Product Marketing/Development Team/General Manager
About the company
Our client Designs and manufactures products and tools for professional tradesmen in various industries.
It serves construction, power, electrical, network, automotive, industrial, aerospace, and alternative energy industries, as well as safety, health, and environment industries worldwide. The company was founded in 1916 and is headquartered in USA.
Values & Culture
This company offers a “refreshing” and “entrepreneurial" creative freedom and collaboration which allows every team member to thrive. It all comes from these core values that drive our company and empower our employees.
Building an ideal culture
People are the foundation of this company, they strive to ensure that every person is valued as an individual and treated with fairness, dignity and respect. They expect the very highest levels of performance and integrity from their employees, but also strive to create opportunities for those employees to develop and reach the heights of their own potential.
Belief in their people
They believe in the importance of generating profit and increasing shareholder value while also fostering a culture committed to the long term. Profit is a necessary part of sustaining a successful business that benefits every stakeholder, employees, customers, shareholders and communities included. They strive to generate profits while pursuing the highest ethical standards in every aspect of our business, from how they operate to how they take responsibility for their actions. They aim to manage not only the assets and performance of their business, but also its rich family heritage, the long-term sustainability of the family business, and their proud company culture overall.
Commitment to Excellence
This company strives for excellence in everything they do, constantly seeking to evolve and improve business practices to bring customers the most exceptional products and services possible. This comprehensive commitment to excellence can be seen in each of their products, services, manufacturing practices and people.
Strength in relationships
This company depends on and takes pride in cultivating valuable relationships with every customer, business partner, employee and community they work with. They are a business that is dedicated to building and maintaining strong, mutually beneficial relationships and are proud to have a family heritage that reaffirms their culture and the way they treat others.
Transparency in Business
This company's values openness and honesty in the way we do business. They are committed to proactively communicating their successes while also identifying potential areas of improvement across the organization.