Test Analyst - Data Warehourse – XML, ETL, JIRA
- Knowledge and experience of being able to write and understand complex SQL queries
- Strong functional testing experience with a proven ability to write and execute test cases based on specifications/user stories
- An understanding of XML and the ability to amend XML scripts
- Experience of using defect tracking tools such as JIRA
- Strong understanding and knowledge of ETL and ETL Tools such as Informatica
- Experience and knowledge of using SQL Developer, SQuirreL, Oracle, Teradata, JMeter, SOAPUI, MicroStrategy Integrity Manager, Wherescape , Informatica DVO
- Experience of cloud based testing
- Knowledge and experience of slow changing dimensions
- Knowledge and experienced with the use of SAS and MicroStrategy
- Experienced with Data Warehousing testing and Database testing
- Experience of testing complex IT projects through to completion, resulting in delivery of robust and high quality applications
- Proven software testing experience including functional, regression and exploratory testing
- Keen eye for detail and an avid interest in how a FTSE 100 handles its data
- Must be passionate about testing and have a resilient attitude in pushing the test perspective within a SCRUM team
- Good analysis skills with proven ability to solve problems
- Self-motivated, reliable and determined team player
- Flexible and able to adapt to new processes and requirements in a dynamic environment
- Able to plan and manage own workload, delivering results within agreed deadlines
- Positive outlook and desire to learn and help drive and instil technical excellence within the IT department
- Strong, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people as and when required
About the role:
Our clients’ IT unit Data Warehouse, Big Data and Business reporting are currently looking for an experienced Test Analyst.
They are at the start of an exciting journey to fully test a new Data Warehouse as well as maintain our existing solution.
This well-known organisation have a great opportunity for the right candidate to impose themselves on all test activities and drive continuous quality improvements in the Data area.
Within this company there is a growing focus on data and data-driven decision making, a key part of your new role will be to minimise any risks associated with data moving from source applications into our data warehouse which is where the business rely on you/the company to ensure this data is complete and of the highest quality.
Joining an experienced test team you will engage with business users, developers and architects to understand the requirements and produce a test plan ensuring test coverage meets our high standards.
We need someone who is comfortable preparing, maintaining and executing test scripts to the agreed quality process.
You will have a minimum ISTQB foundation certificate in software testing and be experienced at finding and logging defects, managing them through to solution.
Someone who is willing to challenge at peer review and work closely to standards and processes will thrive in this role.